Professional Memberships and Activities
Prof. Albrecht is co-editor of the following series and journals:
- Series at the Max Planck Institute for Foreign and International Criminal Law:
- Reports on Research in Criminology,
- Interdisciplinary Research in Criminal Law and Criminology,
- Publications of the Max Planck Partner Group for Balkan Criminology (Balkan Criminology Series),
- Foreign Criminal Laws in Translation,
- Monatsschrift für Kriminologie und Strafrechtsreform,
- European Journal for Security Research,
- Déviance et Société,
- Recht der Jugend und des Bildungswesens,
- Zivile Sicherheit. Schriften zum Fachdialog Sicherheitsforschung,
- Foreign press review of the "Zeitschrift für die gesamte Strafrechtswissenschaft" (ZStW).
Prof. Albrecht is on the editorial board of the journal "F3 – Freedom from Fear" and the advisory boards for the journals "Suchttherapie," "International Journal of Policy and Practice," "Police Practice and Research – An International Journal," "Studies on Crime and Crime Prevention," "Revista de Derecho Penal y Criminología," the "European Journal of Criminology," "Crime & Justice International," and "Criminology and Criminal Justice." He is rédacteur associé of the journal "Revue internationale de criminologie et de police technique et scientifique."
Prof. Albrecht is a member of the scientific council of the Institute for Interdisciplinary Research on Conflict and Violence, in Bielefeld, Germany, and a member of the advisory board of the German National Academic Foundation. He is a member of the Centre for Criminology (KrimZ), the Kriminologische Gesellschaft (KrimG), the Groupe Européen de Recherches sur les Normativités (GERN), the European Society of Criminology, the American Society of Criminology and the Academy of Criminal Justice Sciences.