Student Interns and Rechtsreferendare
The Institute offers outstanding law students and Rechtsreferendaren (lawyers-in-training) the opportunity to gain insight into academic work at a research institution. To this end, applications are always welcome from law students enrolled at a university who would like to do an internship (practicum) at the Institute as well as from Rechtsreferendare who would like to spend the elective station of their training (Wahlstation) here. In addition, the Department of Criminology invites excellent students of criminology, psychology, or sociology to apply for internships.
A keen interest in criminal law, public law or criminology is required and should be demonstrated in your application by reference to other internships, high grades, other activities or experience in this area, etc. Good knowledge of German and English as well as basic computer skills are further assets.
Please submit your application to email@example.com.
Please include the following items in your application:
- Letter of application indicating whether you are applying for an open position at the Institute or whether you are interested in an internship (student) or elective station (Rechtsreferendar/in). Please mention whether the internship will take place before, during, or after graduation from your university. Your letter should include the following information:
● CV in tabular form
● University transcripts
● Copy of high school diploma, A-levels, or equivalent
● Copies of proof of completed coursework and previous internships (students) or certification of previous elective stations (Rechtsreferendar/in)
● Information about your skills in the German language
● Confirmation of the examination office of your university that the internship is mandatory and that an internship at the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Crime, Security and Law would fulfill this requirement (see documents, right side of this page, use either German or English version)
● Completed application form (see right side of this page)
- In addition, please indicate the time period that you would like to spend at the Institute. As a rule, a stay of at least four weeks is recommended. As internships at the Max Planck Institute are in high demand, we ask those interested to apply approximately six months prior to the beginning of the planned internship.