Dr. Ivó Coca-Vila, LL.M.Senior Researcher
Coca-Vila´s main research interests lie in the foundations of criminal law, in particular issues regarding the theory of crime and criminalization, current issues at the intersection of criminal law, philosophy and ethics, as well as theoretical questions concerning property and white-collar crimes. The research is focused not only on national law but takes the transnational perspective into account. Current research topics include:
- Criminal legislation in a democratic constitutional state
- Relations between the “core” and "peripheral" criminal law
- Citizenship and criminal Law
- Triage - constitutional and criminal law perspective
- 2021: Tenure-Track (Ramón y Cajal) at the Pompeu Fabra University, Barcelona.
- 2021: Senior Researcher (Part-Time) at the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Crime, Security and Law.
- 2020 to 2021: Senior Researcher (Full-Time) at the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Crime, Security and Law.
- 2020: Ramón y Cajal Programme (RYC) – Postdoctoral Grant (Spanish State Research Agency).
- 2018 to 2020: Junior Lecturer at the Pompeu Fabra University, Department of Criminal Law.
- 2018: IX. Faculty Award for the Best Dissertation of the Biennium 2015-2016, Faculty of Law, Pompeu Fabra University.
- 2017 to 2019: Alexander von Humboldt Foundation – Postdoctoral Research Fellowship, University of Freiburg, Department of Criminal Law (Supervisor: Prof. Michael Pawlik).
- 2016 to 2017: Postdoctoral Research Assistant at the University of Freiburg, Department of Criminal Law (Supervisor: Prof. Michael Pawlik).
- 2015: Doctorate (Law), Pompeu Fabra University.
- 2011 to 2016: Research Assistant at the Pompeu Fabra University, Department of Criminal Law (Supervisors: Prof. Jesús-María Silva Sánchez / Prof. Ricardo Robles Planas).
- 2009 to 2010: Advanced Master in Legal Sciences (LL.M.), Pompeu Fabra University.
- 2009 to 2009: Practical Legal Training, Provincial Court of Appeals of Barcelona.
- 2005 to 2009: Bachelor of Laws, Pompeu Fabra University.