Offender rehabilitation – novel technologies in rehabilitation – intervention effectiveness research.
Aniek Siezenga obtained her master’s degree in Pedagogy and Education from the Erasmus University Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Joining the MPI in January 2022, Aniek is a doctoral student in the ERC funded CRIMETIME project (ERC Consolidator Grant 772911). In her PhD project, Aniek is involved in the development of FutureU: a behavioral intervention using virtual reality and a smartphone application to reduce crime. She examines how engagement with such technological interventions can be measured and used in effectiveness studies. Aniek is mainly interested in offender rehabilitation, applying novel technologies in rehabilitation and research, and intervention effectiveness research.
- Since 2020: Doctoral Reseacher at Leiden University (Netherlands) as well as at the Max Planck Institute for the Study of Crime, Security and Law
- 2020: Lecturer at the Erasmus University Rotterdam, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- 2019–2020: Case Manager Social Team, Ridderkerk, Netherlands.
- 2017–2018: Therapist at De Waag, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- 2016–2017: Trainee at De Waag, Rotterdam, Netherlands.
- 2016: Trainee at the Pedagocical Practice Mischa Wink, Utrecht, Niederlande.
- 2017: M.Sc. Pedagogy and Education, Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- 2016: B.Sc. Educational Sciences, Erasmus University Rotterdam.